WELCOME TO HYPNOBIRTHING® WATERDOWN
WHAT IS HYPNOBIRTHING?
A Calm and Gentle Birth Experience
HypnoBirthing® is a tried and proven method of birthing that guides and prepares mothers for a peaceful birth experience. This program considers the well-being of the mother, birth companion and baby in a program that can be applied to home or hospital birth settings.
The HypnoBirthing® program is built around an educational process that includes special breathing, relaxation, visualization, meditative practice, attention to nutrition and positive body toning. Most importantly it fosters an air of mutual respect for the birthing family, as well as the health-care provider in a traditional health-care system or an alternative setting.
Photography by Everlasting Emotions Photography
Henna by Tori Cooper, Doula
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This course runs as 5 weekly classes and each class is 2.5 hours long. Parents are given techniques and reading assignments to practice at home in between classes.
Some of the topics we will cover include:
- Breathing, relaxation & self-hypnosis techniques
- Affirmations for pregnancy and childbirth.
- Stages of labour and how to apply techniques during each stage.
- Special circumstances and how to navigate medical intervention.
- Positions for labour and birth.
- Massage and support techniques for birth companions.
- Nutrition for pregnancy.
- How to advocate for your choices and work with your birth team.